A mini-festival of prayer, meditation, poetry, discussion, food, wine, music, silence, laughter and Communion
Fri 10th – Sat 11th January 2019
Christ Church, Southwark, London
καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.John 1:5
In the depths of winter, come join with fellow nomads in the heart of London for an evening and morning of spiritual warmth and refreshment.
- 6:00pm Arrive to a warm welcome of steaming tea and hot chocolate
- 6:30pm Silent meditation (gently guided)
- 7:00pm Evening prayer (optional)
- 7:30pm Hearty dinner with good wine
- 8:30pm Video | Talk | Discussion: “Winter Landscapes“
- 10:00pm Sung compline by candlelight (optional, but highly recommended)
- 10:30pm Pub
- 7:30am Silent meditation (optional)
- 8:00am Morning prayer (optional)
- 8:30am Hearty breakfast (optional)
- 9:15am Talk | Discussion: “Winter Spirituality“
- 10:00am Space to read / reflect
- 10:30am Discussion: “The journey onwards”
- 12noon Eucharist / Holy Communion (optional)
- 1:00pm Lunch in a local pub and depart
- Afternoon (optional, weather permitting): walk along the South Bank.
What to expect / how it will work
- This is our first time. It is an experiment.
- Your presence is part of the experience for everyone
- We hope people will leave refreshed and inspired, albeit probably a bit sleepy!
- Our spirituality is Christian, but yours need not be. We use Christian prayers and liturgy designed to, we hope, be inclusive and meditative for all.
Please let us know if you plan to attend so that we can plan
hours minutes seconds
Winter Solstice 2019
There are currently no posts to display.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.